Friday, February 11, 2011

lub-dub

Let's be honest. Valentine's Day has never been a favorite holiday of mine. All the fuss and pressure about professing your love in extravagant ways - spare me, please. But recently I've embraced it with an open mind that it is a day to remind the important people in your life how much you appreciate and love them. I like to do that in small measures throughout the day or week or, if I'm feeling especially giving, throughout the month of February.

One way I've spread the love this Valentine season is through making tiny little door charms for my coworkers' offices. It started out with me making my own version of a design*sponge tutorial - a crocheted heart garland - that I adorned my office with.


(please ignore the dingy blue message board)

I showed a coworker how to make the heart with some spare yarn I brought with me, and figured I might as well make something else with it! And behold, a simple white heart door charm was created.


This is the same method as the heart garland tutorial, and to hang it, just chain about 30 and attach to the back of the heart. Next time around, I'll get the fine crochet thread that the tutorial calls for because I have a feeling that tiny heart garlands are even cuter than the ones I made. But hey, this blog is about being green so I used what I had and the result was still pretty darn cute and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment